Are you coming to Malta for a vacation soon, but you have no idea what to choose for accommodation? Don’t panic, we have decided to present you the different options of lodging during your stay.
First of all, you can rest assured that in Malta it is easy to find accommodation whatever your budget. From ” all inclusive ” in a golden hotel to apartment rentals, guest houses or youth hostels, you are bound to find the option that suits your budget.
Read this article to know the best areas to stay in Malta.
Hotels in Malta
The island is full ofhotels of all kinds! Generally located on the seafront on the north coast, there are both small, simple and economical hotels, as well as luxurious establishments equipped with swimming pools, bar-restaurants, spas and many other services to relax you.
Best hotels in Mellieha and Buggiba
This is the case of the seaside cities Buggiba and Mellieha. Here, your choice will depend on your budget, but also on the atmosphere you are looking for. Although it is pleasant to stay there, the large establishments are often full during the summer and the peace and quiet is therefore more rare.
Listed in ascending order of price.
- Mayflower Hotel Malta: This beautiful hotel with pool, restaurant and gym is reasonably priced and 5 minutes from Bugibba.
- Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa : The establishment has 3 swimming pools, including a heated indoor pool, + a sauna and a gym. All this at a reasonable price.
- Dolmen Hotel Malta: Located on the beach side of St Paul’s Bay, this large hotel offers sea views and features 6 pools and a private beach with free access. The on-site spa has a whirlpool, sauna and gym.
- Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands: Great luxury in this resort with swimming pools, private beach and SPA.
Best hotels in Valletta and the 3 cities :
If you are attracted by the quietness and authenticity, you will find your happiness in the few establishments located in the cities of Valletta, Mdina or in the Three Cities, namely Vittoriosa, Senglea and Cospicua.
Listed in order of price.
- Palazzo Paolina Boutique Hotel: The Palazzo Paolina Boutique Hotel offers beautiful rooms only 5 minutes walk from the Basilica of St. John. He has a bar.
- La Falconeria Hotel: 4 star hotel with bar, gym and indoor pool.
- Palais Le Brun: Located in central Valletta, Palais Le Brun features an outdoor pool, fitness center and terrace.
- The Phoenicia Malta: The Phoenicia hotel is the ultimate in luxury in Malta. It has an infinity pool with a beautiful view of the harbor.
Best hotels in Sliema and St Julian’s
If above all, you prefer to combine business with pleasure, the ideal choice is to opt for a hotel located in the town of Sliema or St Julian’s. Located by the sea, these neighboring towns offer both soothing landscapes and numerous bars and restaurants where you can eat or have a drink with family or friends. The rest of the island is easily accessible by bus from these cities.
Listed in ascending order of price.
- Two pillows boutique hostel : Very well rated youth hostel.
- Amery House: Good value for money. Elegant and affordable hotel.
- Antoniel Suites: Hotel with swimming pool at a reasonable price, a little bit away from Paceville.
- 1926 Hotel and SPA: Beautiful hotel with infinity pool and sea view.
- Land’s End, Boutique Hotel: Luxury hotel with indoor pool and breathtaking views of Valletta.
- Mercure St. Petersburg Julian’s Malta Very nice hotel with swimming pool overlooking the bay of Spinola.
- Hotel Valentina: In the heart of Paceville, the elegant Hotel Valentina offers a seasonal outdoor pool.
- Hyatt Regency Malta: Luxury hotel with garden, casino, restaurant, indoor pool, gym and outdoor pool open in season.
Bed and Breakfast in Malta
If for you vacations rhyme with immersion, sharing, meetings and discoveries, you will surely be seduced by the guest houses. More and more present in Malta, but also in Gozo, the service is friendly and warm. The guest house is the perfect option for a total immersion vacation. You will be able to taste typical dishes, exchange with Maltese people and especially improve your English.
Youth hostels in Malta
This option is generally chosen by young people with a small budget, but not only. Unfortunately, the island does not offer a wide range of hostels, but you can always opt for the student residences open to all during the summer.
Best hostels Malta :
- Marco Polo Party Hostel: As the name suggests, this is the place to stay to meet people and party in Paceville!
- Two pillows boutique hostel : Very popular hostel in Sliema as shown by the customer reviews.
Camping in Malta
The only campsite on the island is called Maltacampsite, it is located in Daħlet ix-Xmajjar not far Mellieha. The comfort is rustic and negative reviews are numerous, but camping lovers will be happy to stay only 50m from the sea and 5 minutes walk from the famous Armier beach. Another drawback: it is difficult to get there by bus.
Wild camping is forbidden on the archipelago, but seems to be tolerated sometimes.
Rent an apartment in Malta
If you are coming on vacation with family or friends, renting can be the most comfortable and economical option. Many agencies offer fully equipped apartments or villas for short term rentals.
The alternative of the apartment-hotel can also interest you if you wish to take advantage of a swimming pool, activities, cleaning service…
Rent a Farmhouse in Gozo
Sometimes dating back to the 18th century, farmhouses are perfectly restored farms with high quality services. In the form of beautiful villas made of local stone, you will find gardens with trees, swimming pools and spas. Specific to the Gozo archipelago, you will find them in the northwest of the island in the regions of Għarb and Għasri.